Studies continue to show the benefits of massage, and today more and more people understand massage is not just for that rare “Spa Day”. It’s for everyone and everyone can benefit. At our office in La Mesa we will customize your massage to meet your health and wellness needs. The health benefits of massage go far beyond just easing aches and pains. In fact, there are so many benefits to regular massage therapy. These include:
- Reduce inflammation – just a few minutes of massage can reduce inflammation and help your body recover after a stress to a muscle or group of muscles
- Improve your sleep – massage can promote your healthy sleep. This is because massage affects delta waves and those contribute to our deep sleep.
- Help with PMS – yes, even this! Bloating and mood swings can be helped by massage. Who knew?
- Manage anxiety and depression – when you get a massage the stress hormone cortisol is reduced in your body. Studies show this can lift your spirits and lower your blood pressure. Massage is also known to boost serotonin and dopamine in your brain, which are chemicals tied to depression.
- Help with headaches – a common complaint for so many, headaches are so often tied to tight muscles all over our body. One muscle triggers another and a headache can result. Migraines, too, have been reduced by massage, as well as reducing the pain experienced with a migraine.
- Boost your immunity – some studies have shown that massage boosts the production of white blood cells in our bodies. These blood cells fight disease. And the stress reduction of a massage can also help keep you healthy.
- Ease treatment for serious conditions – patients of treatment for cancer and other serious medical conditions have found massage to be a key part of their overall well being and have helped reduce fatigue, anxiety, pain and even nausea.
- Make you more alert – a study done about massage showed that adults given a massage were more alert after and answered questions more accurately. It’s good for the brain!
- Ease pain – all of us feel muscle pain at some time. From a strained back to sore legs after a workout, it’s common to all of us walking around with our muscles. Studies show that massage helps people in pain function better and feel better than people who do not get massage. It can reduce stiffness and increase range of motion, too – both issues which can contribute to pain.
So, what are you waiting for? With this many benefits, adding a massage to your schedule of safe care just seems natural.
Call us to schedule at (619) 944-4151 or schedule online here for your massage at our La Mesa office.